<CT> Re: Microsoft Internet Mail question (WIN 3.1)

  • From: William P Grant <w.p.grant@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 14:27:34 EST

Stephan:

Thanks for responding.

Bill Grant

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000 19:21:47 +0100 JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan
Grossklass) writes:

>Of course it does that - it's not Y2K compliant. May I ask why you don't
use some reasonable >e-mail program like, let's say, Eudora Light?  Works
great on my 386SX notebook.

I figured it wasn't Y2K compliant.  Juno isn't either but at least it
displays the month, day and 100 for the year.  How does Eudora Light
work.  Does it work through my browser or separate like Juno?

>>  I was not satisfied with their reply.
>
>No wonder - there are better ways for expressing "I have no clue"...
>BTW: You _do_ already have the file manager y2k patch? (There's one for
Win 3.1 and one for >WfWg 3.11, so choose the right one.) It's the only
Y2K patch that's needed BTW - "not Y2K compliant at all" is complete
nonsense. Actually the more modern Windows versions have more Y2K
problems, and even Win98 still needs a Y2K update...

Yes.  Packard Bell supplied a TSR to make things compliant. I also
downloaded and installed an updated file manager for WfWG.   Packard Bell
also supplied a flash upgrade to the bios which I have but I'm a little
reluctant to use it.  Would the bios upgrade be better than the TSR?