<CT> Re: MP3 player for Windows 3.1

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:48:36 -0500

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:11:39 -0600 "Greg Fundyler" <gyf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> I tried WinPlay3, but after about 15 seconds, it starts skipping.

   You just have to go to Options|Output and select lower settings for
resolution and frequency like 8-bit, quarter frequency.  I had to do this
for the most newest MP3s (whose modes average 44kHz, 128kBit/s) because
the sound does skip a lot.  The tradeoff here is that the sound quality
won't be that great, but its better than having it "interrupted."
   There are two factors to your problem that I can think of based on my
own experience, Greg...  a fast modern (IDE, SCSI) hard drive would help
tremendously since the MP3s play right off the drive itself.  And making
WinPlay the sole program running in Windows would also be beneficial
because MP3 playing is VERY sensitive to being the "only show in town."

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.geocities.com/billythekid1602445