<CT> Re: Looking for Video Card

  • From: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:56:57 -0500

Glenn spoke kindly of Cirrus Logic chips, using them as a basis for
comparison:

> ... when I compare it to say my old Cirrus Logic 5426 based card.

I can at least confirm that experience.  My old CL-GD5248 with 2Mb
gives an excellent account of itself, even with my (equally) old
interlaced monitor.  It does have native drivers for OS/2, as well as
Win3x, plus eight languages of documentation, including Dutch.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure about Win95 and NT3.51 drivers ... and
it's a VESA bus card.  Not to mention, it's the only one I've got.

I will consult my private guru; perhaps he has a suggestion.
Meanwhile, like Glenn said, "Google time."

Regards,
Norm
--
"The chief virtue that language can have is clearness." - Hippocrates
               -- Peace.  Write well.  Do good work. --