<CT> Re: Looking for V930D.386

  • From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:46:04 -0500

> (Finally upgraded from Win 3.1 to WFWG, but the computer bios doesn't
> allow me to use the disk access -- it there a work around for this?)

You probably need a wdctrl equivalent...
Also, there must be device= lines for vshare.386 and vcache.386... in
the right order and in the right place... It is a real pain getting them
just right... Even with experience it still takes me quite a bit of
work...

But it IS worth getting both 32 bit disk and file access... You will not
beleive how fast your computer can be. Your disk latancies will drop to
practicly nil... If you have a half-way decient system, it will FLY!!!
3.11 properly tuned on a PIO mode 4 drive can run *RINGS* around windows
98 on a UDMA/30 drive...

I mean like, it takes something 10 seconds to load under 98 and I'm
furrious at it for taking so long... =P

SPEED    INCREDIBLE   AWESOME    MINDBLOWING   SPEED!!!

I think I might have a few versions of the neccessary files on varrious
floppies, tell me more about your drive and I'll see if I have one that
might work for you.

--
DOS IS THE BOSS META-OS!!
http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/  <my website.