<CT> Re: Long file names across Interlink/LapLink

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:16:50 +0100

William C Andrews wrote:

> B) How would Calmira handle the long file names comming across
>    from the Win9.5 machine?  Would it truncate, convert to *~1
>    format, convert or truncate .and. use the description to
>    keep the LFN info, or ???

Hi William,

Calmira relies on what Windows provides. When Windows 3.1 queries a
directory over a network, it only gets the short filenames returned by
the win95 machine.

> C) What could be done to allow Calmira to take maximum advantage
>    of the LFN?  Could Maxim's (?) CD code be modified to handle
>    it?  I recall somebody refering to network LFN's.

The CD code is made by Les Williams, and not suited for networks. I
tried making a network LFN interface, but I discovered that the LFN
functions in WFWNET.DRV were all stubbed and not functional. So I have
to come up with another interface going through NETAPI.DLL, which is
quite a bit harder.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter