<CT> Re: Logging on as a different user

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:34:27 +0100

C. A. Case wrote:

> I have noticed that  there is no longer an option to log on as a different
> user under the shut down screen.  The only way to achieve this is to
> re-boot windows and then select the user I want.

A I have stated in an earlier post:

"One thing I forgot to mention is that I removed the "Logon as another
user" function, due to the fact that reloading the shell always results
in a potential unstable system and shutdown problems.

I'd like to hear from people who used this feature and never had
problems with it. I am trying to find a solution, and it will probably
in the form of a seperate shell loader which remains resident in memory.
This loader would have to be written in pure win API (no VCL) to keep it
small. But it could solve a lot of startup and shutdown problems."

> Also under the profiles, individual calmira.ini settings seem to corupted
> and I get 10 or so shortcuts icons for accessing the c-drive all stacked on
> top of one another.  Luckily I backed up the profiles before installing the
> new calmira.exe.    Just a little inconvienient, but works just the same.

Odd. Do you have a habit of opening the C: drive from My Computer, and
then hovering over the desktop after double clicking C:? This may have
caused all those shortcuts. The beta should not do that anymore.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter