<CT> Re: Linux

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 10:02:05 +0200

>Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 20:32:15 +0800
>From: Joshua Brannon <jbrannon@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: <CT> Re: Linux

>>I'm sure most have us have been running Windows 3.x without any kind of
>>support from M$ for years now (I certainly have).

>The only contact I've had with MS in any way was to download Win32s. I
don't think I even turned the
>registration card for WfW 3.11 in 5-6 years ago. ;)

But still it's certainly not a bad idea to collect those downloads and
knowledge base entries for Windows 3.1x and older versions of MS software
(like Works or Office - there's a Word 97 converter for Winword 6.0 around,
for example) before they disappear. Should be not much of a problem with a
"faked" Win95 Netscape 4.0x (i.e. 16-bit Netscape that thinks it's running
on Windows 95 by means of lieversn.exe by Paul Chitescu.)

>If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you
turn on the headlights?

You can't - at the speed of light, your personal time stops.

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß's new old box:
DX/2-66, ELSA WINNER 1000AVI VL, 20 MB, 350 MB, Win95a