<CT> Re: Ir Receivers

  • From: Terry E Malcolm <temalcolm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:40:04 -0500

Does any of you ever heard about infrared receivers for pc?

The problem is it is a 32bit program,written for Windows and Mac.
Logitech has a cordless keyboard and mouse that uses an IR receiver, The
keyboard also uses buttons to control sound card volume and the CD player
among other toys. The receiver uses 2 ps2 ports ,2 usb ports or a combo
for the mouse and keyboard connections.

I use it when I'm at home for my laptop with winME. I hate the little
pencil eraser head they call a mouse on the keyboard of the laptop. And
after spilling a drink into it and having to replace the laptop keyboard
once. I like being able to set the laptop up and away from the work area
out of harms way  I thought it would be nice to have the same keyboard
and mouse work with the 486 here, I think there is a way to slave it to
the laptop and use them but haven't tried yet.

If it might help here is the download site for the software. 6.4mbs, I
can still remember when I though it was cool when I got a computer for
work that had 2 10mb hard drives :-) and 640kbs of ram. Programs are just
getting too big. Anyone remember the DOS Excel suite.:-)
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=downloads/software&CRID=1796&conte
ntid=6036&countryid=19&languageid=1