<CT> Re: I'm back!

  • From: Jason Bees <jason.bees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:56:11 +0000

Hi,

Maxim wrote:
>There was a thread about changing the system font to get nice titlebars, and
>it was mentioned that you can't change the font used in "most of the window
>text". What you have to do is, get Softy, render any TrueType font down to a
>raster font, then *call it MS Sans Serif internally and give it a font
>weight of 400*. Save this to a .fon file. Then a little jiggerypokery is
>required to get it to override MS Sans Serif Bold (which is the font used in
>dialogue boxes), I use it as my SystemFont=, but maybe it'd work in
>[FontSubstitutes]. I did have a nice Verdana replacement file, but lost it
>when I last reformatted.

I think it was me who asked about this, because my dialogue boxes are far
too large! I've done what you suggested using Softy - I just used Arial for
the sake of testing. I called the file arial.fon, and added the system font
setting "SystemFont=arial.fon" but this only affected the title bar font.
How would I use the [FontSubtistutes] section to change the dialogue box font?

Thanks,
Jason