<CT> Re: How to change name in "Product is licensed to:"?

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:23:22 -0700 (MST)

On Jan 11, I wrote to calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>On Jan 11, Billy Wong wrote to calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>>   Is there an easy way to change the name (and company name) in Win3.1?
>>You obviously know what I'm talking about when you open Program Manager's
>>About dialog box after you see the "This product is licensed to:" line.
>>I'm giving one PC I've rebuilt to a friend and unfortunately Win3.1 has
>>my last name licensed on it.  I would like to have it "licensed" with HIS
>>name on it!
>
>c:\windows\serialno.ini

It's funny you should ask that when you did... Had you asked that just
two hours earlier I wouldn't have been able to answer that. I had *just*
managed to repair an ancient DOS/Win31/Calmira laptop I had, and it
booted for the first time in a year and a half. I dropped it to DOS, and
ran Norton Text Search and found the file that contained the string
"Licensed to".

I guess you have lucky timing Billy :)

-=Brian=-