<CT> Re: Good word processer?

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:31:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Word 6.0 runs fine on my 486-33, therefore performance should be no
problem. The complete Office 4.x package (Word 6.0, Excel 5.0,
Powerpoint 4.0) eats about 50 MB of harddisk space , i.e. Word should
need about a third of this.
Anyway, if you can't get hold of MS Word or hard disk space is really
an issue, you can also install Textmaker 2000, which is free (for home
use, IIRC) and exists in a stable 16bit version. It is able to handle
all standard formats.

Best wishes
Gaby

--