<CT> Re: Good word processer?

  • From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:35:56 -0400

I think it makes sense that if you are already operating Windows (3.1) then
the earliest version of Word for Windows (v1.1a) would be the best way to:
1) keep CPU and disk space at a minimum (I believe the space requirements
for core installation can fit on a floppy.)
2) view documents WYSIWYG
2) maintain basic format compatibility with the latest MSOffice word
processor.  (However, I am not a word processor user, my forte is Excel...)

If you find that 16MbRAM is still tight, you might want to run Word in a
Windows2.0 environment, with Word as the Windows shell.  It will be like a
stand alone application.  I forget if Word v1.1a includes spell check (I
think it does) but I believe 16Mb can support it.

--Bill