<CT> Re: Good Word Processor

  • From: "PC Freak" <pcfreak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:7:20 -0800

>NE has the advantage over EDIT in you can have multiple text documents
>open at the same time, plus the spelling checker.  On the other hand,
>EDIT can open files of larger size than NE (limit of about 64 KB).

The EDIT from Win95/98 will run fine in older DOS, and it has the ability to
open multiple documents at once. No spell checker, though. Interestingly
enough, this version of EDIT behaves almost like a Windows app when run in
Win98. (long file name support, and can be closed by the normal close button,
unlike most DOS apps)

>There used to be a Word Viewer 97 for Win3X,
>might still be found in some out of the way archive.

I have that available for download from my website's Windows 3.1x section.

http://pcfwebzone.vze.com

If you already have Word 6, I also have a convertor for download that will let
you open Word 97/2000 files in Word 6. They can be edited, but they can't be
saved in the Word97/2000 format again. This is nice though if you already have
Word 6, since it would eliminate the need for also installing the viewer app.

-PC Freak

PC Freak's WebZone
http://pcfwebzone.vze.com

Calmira iWarp Program WebRing