<CT> Re: Format a Mac disket on PC

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 15:45:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Jun 9, Ross Nelson directed electrons to calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>I just tried it.  I'm in now.  Exactly the same address.
>Also, Brian, this shows up in the ls for /pub:
>    550 www: No such file or directory.

The way the blj8.com site is set up, www in the FTP side is a link to
the website. You can see and access the web pages of www.blj8.com from
the backside, files and all. No, you can't change anything, it's still
just read-only guest access <g>

That's done in the spirit of open source - I consider blj8.com to be a
"GPL" site, in that anyone is free to use images, techniques, etc from
the site. Want to use an image? Ok. All I require is that you download
it; please don't "inline" it from your site. Want to borrow a page of
links? Banzai! :)

But the way the FTP server sees the link, you can't list the contents of
www from the higher directory, But if you change into that directory,
then you can list the contents.

Oh, BTW, www.calmira.org is set up the same way.

-=Brian=-