<CT> Re: Digitale Internet-Camera/calmira_tips Digest V1 #21/No 32bit file access?

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:45:01 +0100

Various folks wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:13:27 -0200
> Subject: <CT> Digitale Internet-Camera (COMPRO von ACS)

> now I have a COMPRO Camera on my parallelport.

[snip]
> Now I am looking for a tool which can capture frames in serie and
> save them as 0001.bmp, 0002.bmp, 0003.bmp.....

> And then I am looking for a Movie-Editing tool where I can see all
> the frames and add sound... Oh yes, the editing speed is egal...

Couldn't the full version of Video for Windows do all this? (Swiss
cheese brain...) It's somewhere at www.freewareguide.de (2.5 megs).

> Support for AVI, MOV, VIVO und MPEG ???

AVI only ;).

Neggschd message...

> Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:10:33 -0200
> Subject: <CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #21

[snip]
> >I can imagine that <g>. Do you also have a decent graphics card and
> >monitor? 1024x768x65536@85Hz is a nice thing on a 19" :).

> Matrox Millenium I with 4 MB + 4 MB   ;-))

Nice card. BTW: Can you increase the DOS refresh rates? If so, I might
consider replacing my current card with a Millennium...

> 1600x1280x16M on a 17" Flat-Screen (= 19" normal monitor)

That's nice too :).

> >Do you have a Win 3.1 DDK?

> Unfortuately no !!!
> And you ???

Don't have one either :(.

> I need the original WfW 3.11 Software Development Kit from M$ !!!
> English or german version...

If you really meant the SDK and not the DDK, I know someone who has it.
Contact me offlist for details.

[Programming a VESA display driver]
> It is heavy !!!

Nobody told you to lift it <g>.

> But I have gotten the Specification and I think it is possibel to do,
> but I must work and have not much time. The other thing is, that I am
> very sick and last week I was in coma for two days...

Oh dear...

> It is not easy...
> But generaly it is only a SVGA-Driver...

That gives me some hope that one day they will actually be such a driver
:)...

The next one pse...

> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:03:09
> From: "Barry J. Higginbottom" <barryh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> No 32bit file access?

> I don't seem to be able to get 32bit file access to work.

> Changing the settings in Control Panel reports that Windows can't find
> IFSHLP.SYS, yet it is loaded in config.sys.

Do you happen to have Win95 on the same drive? If so, make sure that the
version from WfW is loaded.

A few days ago I also had problems with 32BFA - 32BFA didn't work
although everything else seemed to be correct. Not even refreshing
Windows' core files helped, and ifshlp.sys was definitely okay (my 2nd
WfW 3.11 install's 32BFA worked just fine). So I had no other choice
than to re-install Windows, and now everything works as it should again.
I only had to reinstall some updates (VxDs and such).

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)
eMail: mailto:jgrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx | Webmaster: http://www.i24.com/