<CT> Re: DV1 #43 - Re: Bozos Who Reply To The Digest

  • From: Pete <firststep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:29:07 +0000

>From: "Mike Webb" <mwnews@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:25:54 -0500

>Folks, can we have a little netiquette from our digest readers?=20
>Subject:          <CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #41

You mean its 'netiquette' to call people "Bozos Who Reply To The
Digest"???

Though I may agree to your principle the method negates a little what
you are saying?

> I was about to whack the 13 messages from 5 different posters (received=
=20
>over a period of 2 weeks) and decided to make a plea for netiquette=20
>first. Can we work together? Thanks.

The first post using "calmira_tips Digest V1 #41" may be out of order
- but then if you really want to be netzien you have to accept that
all the REs of it are totally correct!!! If your email prog was one
that sorted on the subject line it would make a mess of things to
change it?

I counted the last digest and it looks like many actually followed the
normal RE practice on this one. Now I think from the REs that your
culprits may actually be Non-digest posters?

I must say that I think that the digest readers do a blooming good job
of posting to the group. Ive been on many an egroup where it is the
non-digest readers/posters that actually over quote, undersnip and do
not bother with the overall readability... aprtly due to the fact that
digest responders have to snip anyway or face posting a massive
e.mail.

Regards

Pete