<CT> Re: Copyrights, Trademarks, etc.

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:16:15 +0100 (CET)

Norm,

> Don't jump to conclusions too quickly about whether or
> not there is
> any legal protection available for the Calmira name, and
> hence for various
> Calmira usages, including the website name.

thanks a lot for your concerns. Anyway, we have to face two facts:

a) To file a complaint at ICANN you must be the owner of a trademark,
otherwise
they are not responsible.

b) Even if in a lawsuite you've got good chances to win because of the
copyright issue,
there is still no guarantee, most of all because on our side there are
no financial interests.
And who will want to run the risk to loose a lawsuite with all
financial consequences?

That's the main problem. Any ideas how to solve it?

Bye, Gaby

--
Gaby Chaudry
http://www.gaby.de