<CT> Re: Calmira running under ??

  • From: Peter Trevor <ptlivestock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:20:17 -1100

Hello all,

To be so lucky to own a fast up to date computer.

Just a thought to put in the ring here re win3.1 emulation, although I'm not
sure if its practical to run emulation on top of emulation.

I've run an Amiga emulator on a fast PC and the Amiga OS runs too fast. This
is a current program "UAE" which is unix based in different flavours for
differing OS.

Now on the Amiga side of it there have over the years been a number of
emulators to run Win3.1 and Win95, PCX and Pc-Task4 being the most
successful. The main restriction was the processing/memory capacity of the
host Amiga. I have successfully got a basic 3.1 running with both the above
programs on a slow Amiga and that is my limitation. Ive still more work to
do.

Another alternative could possibly be running Linux on a PC, use the Linux
UAE and thence Win3.1

UAE is free, PCX and PC-Task4 are available in shareware versions and Amiga
is still alive and basically all you need is the OS which is fairly
compact.

Regards
--
Peter Trevor