<CT> Re: Calmira running under ??

  • From: Bob Groves <bobgroves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:08:03 +0000

On Saturday 28 Feb 2004 4:15 pm, Ross Nelson wrote:

> (I haven't played much with Bochs...just played around with OpenBSD
> inside it on Windows)
>
> As for running your Win16 apps, you could always try running them under
> WINE.
>
> Ross

Exactly. Or under CrossOver Office (which isn't free but does a darn good
job), or for old DOS software in a DOSEMU window. It's the flexibility I like
and the control over what the PC does - more like the experience most of us
had when we used to use WfW of Win3.1 and tinkering with the setup was an
everyday affair. Better stop me before I get all nostalgic ;-)

--
Bob Groves

I always choose my friends for their good looks and my enemies for their
good intellects.  Man cannot be too careful in his choice of enemies.
                -- Oscar Wilde, "The Picture of Dorian Gray"