<CT> Re: Calmira below minimum requirements: CGA & File Manager

  • From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:44:14 -0500

>snip<
===========================
From: David Burgess:
It won't, unfortunately; Calmira[.exe] must be running for Explorer (and
Task
Manager, for that matter) to run in turn. Explorer is a form-less
application, which explains its small filesize.

There may be some mileage in some enterprising soul developing a stand-alone
Explorer, but I suspect it wouldn't end up as being much smaller than
Calmira, because of the libraries it needs.
===========================

I'm not a Windows Programmer, but are all these libraries necessary for
function or do much of them help Calmira look pretty?

One other thought David's message reminded me of is the idea of possibly
replacing Windows' or File Manager's cut or copy dialogue box with a new (or
modified) dialogue box to include a Browse button and of course, its
follow-up function dialogue box.  This would allow keyboard navigation
rather than typing an exact path.  I remember seeing a download from
Calmira.org's website about a plug-in that does something with common
dialogue boxes.  I also remember the software being untested (still) and the
user's risk warning.  I wonder if this may have already answered a problem.
I'll look into that real soon!  Has anybody explored this plug-in and have
any comments about it?

(looking for tips...)  -Bill