<CT> Re: Calmira below minimum requirements: CGA & File Manager

  • From: "David Burgess" <d.burgess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:23:57 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 4:26 PM
Subject: <CT> Calmira below minimum requirements: CGA & File Manager

> Hello All,

-- snip --

> Is there a best way to configure Calmira as a bare-bones shell just enough
> use Explorer only?  the file sizes between Calmira.exe and Explorer.exe
are
> quite a difference.  I tried to set system.ini's shell to explorer.exe but
> that didn't work; I really didn't expect it to work.

It won't, unfortunately; Calmira must be running for Explorer (and Task
Manager, for that matter) to run in turn. Explorer is a form-less
application, which explains its small filesize.

There may be some mileage in some enterprising soul developing a stand-alone
Explorer, but I suspect it wouldn't end up as being much smaller than
Calmira, because of the libraries it needs.