<CT> Re: Calmira and NT 3.51

  • From: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:30:12 -0500

Reid Solberg wrote:

> I'm running NT 3.51 on my 486, and even though I'm most comfortable with
> Program Manager, I would like to be able to run Calmira without the annoying
> "16-bit application tried to access disk directly" message at loading.  Is
> there some way to 1) disable the message -or- 2) prevent Calmira (and other
> alternative 16-bit shells) from accessing the disk directly?

I asked my son what he thought (kids are the ones who know how to make the
12:00 quit flashing on your VCR you know).  He thinks it sounds like it might
be something associated with the registry.  As for a specific corrective entry,
I can't offer you much there.  No experience with RegEdit for NT 3.51.  Perhaps
though there is someone among us who can?  Let's
throw this back out to the crowd once more.  Anybody else?

Regards,
Norm
--

                                                                    "The chief
virtue that language can have is clearness." - Hippocrates