<CT> Re: Calmira and NT 3.51

  • From: Robin Roe <roro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:08:49 -0600 (MDT)

Norm Finch wrote:

>Robin, I'm puzzled.  The previous message that Reid was referring to
>arrived here in perfectly flawless condition.  The only thing "wrong"
>with it was that word wrap had not shortened the line lengths, as with
>most posts to the list (including his apology above).  That being the
>case, what's the point of posting messages in plain text rather than
>HTML?  There were no extraneous characters or other mysterious faux
>pas.  Is Ecartis perhaps more capable than we have been giving it
>credit for?

Yup... :)

Ecartis has a "humanize-mime" option that can downconvert posts
encoded in MIME and/or HTML to plain text with minimal collateral
damage, and I have chosen to enable it. So, many of the plain-text
posts you see on the list may have started life as MIME or even
HTML.

Sure beats being the ogre I used to be. :)

==ROBIN==