<CT> Re: Calmira --The Next Generation... Or Decimal?

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:06:50 +0200

Reid wrote:

> Hi there everyone.
> What's new with Calmira.  When are we expecting the next release?  Will it
> be 3.4, 3.5, 3.6... or will it be the much awaited 4.0?  How much different
> will it be?

The next release will be 4.0.

This is my current wishlist:
- (fix) Find Dialog shortcut keys
- (fix) Don't delete description on overwrite
- (fix) Don't bin files on removable or network drives
- User desktop settings
- Run program in DOS session from menu or shortcut
- Support macro's in shortcuts
- Undo function in icon windows/explorer
- Recent Documents menu
- 'Send To' menu
- Format floppy disk
- Drag items from Start Menu properties dialog to
  icon windows or desktop.
- Load user cursors (.cur) files
- Refine tree update
- New File Browse dialog
  (http://members.home.nl/edokter/browse.gif)
- Import Control Panel items
- Network Neighborhood
- File type editor.
- Shell actions.
- Sounds tab.
- Progress bar indicates bytes.

Note: A lot of tech speak here... and absolutely no guarantee that any
of the above will make it in the next release.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter