<CT> Re: Calmira Forever, plus ...

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:22:25 +0200

Hi Norm!

> There was talk about setting up the "new" site/domain name to make it
> good to go for ten years.  Was that number simply rhetorical -- it
> rounds out nicely -- or is there more than coincidence tied to it?

I guess it was just rhetorical. Imagine: what a long period is ten
years of computer history! 10 years is the mystical age that makes a
computer a vintage computer!

> When I did a Y2K upgrade of my copy of Win3.1, I noticed that
> Microsoft had posted a related document stating that even with that
> upgrading, Win3.1 would cease to function after the year 2013.

Mmmh, why should it? I can imagine that there will be a real problem
with any date beyond 2083, but I don't believe that I will reach an age
of 119 years to see what will happen ... ;-))

> Finally, is there any interest left in personal sketches?  If so,
> perhaps it's not too late to contribute my own soon (in another post,
> say a day or two from now?).  I'll try to keep it short, if so.  Gaby,
> perhaps there might even be a place for collecting all of them in a
> subdirectory of the new Calmira.org? ... another contribution to a sense
> of community?

Mmmh, as for the place: there is. But I'm not sure whether people
want their sketches to be published, anonymously or not.
What do the others think about it?

Bye, Gaby

--
Mrs. Gaby Chaudry