<CT> Re: Calmira Forever... AND MORE

  • From: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:31:50 -0500

Hi Ben, Gaby, and all!

> Or perhaps we can separate bios and photos and let the visitors find
> out the right combination ...

Sounds like the children's game where feet, bodies, and heads are
separate; and kids gleefully combine a ballerina's feet with a
weightlifter's body and a clown's head, etc.!

Seriously though, it's your space for the page, Gaby; so it sounds to
me like you get have the final say.  I'd suggest a rule of thumb that
says a simple statement of willingness to be published ought be
included with the bio; then with the "moderator's" OK (that's you,
Gaby), that should be adequate ... IMHO.  Oh, and perhaps a
generalized limit of a few hundred words to keep the wordy types (like
me) from getting carried away.

I'd like to think that here in our list there would be no need to have
a moderator for such a page, believing as I do in free speech.  But
I've noticed guest books too often have an unfortunate proclivity for
attracting preteens and immature types -- the kind who have nothing to
say, except they've just discovered foul language and are desperately
seeking new venues now for spewing their graffitti.  But hey, if the
bio can't get on this page unless you put it there Gaby, that solves
that!

Now to write my bio ... think I'll wait though until this weekend,
when I have more time.  And no, that's is not a teaser; mine's very
plain.  It's just that it takes longer to be brief (and to keep one's
feet properly distant from one's mouth)!

Regards,
Norm
--
"The chief virtue that language can have is clearness." - Hippocrates
               -- Peace.  Write well.  Do good work. --