<CT> Re: Calmira Forever... AND MORE

  • From: Ben09880@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:45:22 -0400

Hey Norm!  Na, I don't know about that 2013 death deadline for Win3.11, have
you ever tried setting the date to that and see what happens?  I would, except
I currently have no Win3.1 partition...  Give me a day or two and I'll report
back on this.

Has anyone tried out the VMWare Workstation 4.0?  It claims (and delivers!!
YAY!) to allow multiple virtual computers on one station to run any x86
compatable operating systems.  I have so far installed Win98se on my WinXP
laptop without a glitch!  Only problem was finding a sound driver compatable
with 98 (my laptop is fairly new, and HP never released drivers for less than
Win2k).  Yes, the program is $$, but you can download the free trial, and
contact me offlist for installation help... *wink wink

As far as the previous post on a display driver goes, to find the sound driver
I had to load Knoppix (Knoppix is a 'live' linux cd, no install necessary or
possible for that matter) and watch what it said my hardware was according to
its nearly flawless autodetection of hardware.  Perhaps I could find out more
technical information on your particular Gateway problem?  I am usually quite
good at finding drivers....  and I no longer have the original message posted...

Adding a little bio page would be nice, but it would be better perhaps to put
up a small photo gallery?  You know, show how we actually *use* the software.
Ideas, comments?

Well, I am off to write a speech on that VMware Workstation for class... going
to get an 'A+'.