<CT> Re: Calmira 3.2 progress

  • From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:30:38 -0500

>snip<
Erwin Dokter asks: ps. Anyone still interested in a new version?

Yes, yes, yes!  I wish Calmira would not be "finished" until Long Filenames
have been implemented.  I understand it is problematic (I am not a
programmer) but everytime I heard news about it, I get very hopeful.  I
wonder if it may be able to duplicate the long filename system
GeoWorks/Ensemble was able to do on DOS/8086 systems.  It may not be
compatable w/Win95 but a maybe some kind of converter can be a temporary
work-around in the mean while.  -Bill