<CT> Re: Calmira 3.2 Hangs (2nd reply)

  • From: Klaus.Osswald@xxxxxxxxxxx (Klaus Osswald)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:12:23 +0100

Hi Glenn,

thanks a bundle for your reply.

Now, pity I have to tell you that things went from
bad to worse today with Calmira/Windows.

What happened is this:

When I tried to boot into Calmira the shell opened with message:

' Application error '
'Exception EReadError
 in module CALMIRA.EXE
at 0020:25DC.
Stream read error.

I clicked 'OK' & then it gave me
a cascaded array of smaller error dialogs saying:

'General protection fault in module CALMIRA.EXE
at 000B: 249D
& various other addresses

I did a reboot of machine but exactly got the same, so right now
I can't even get in any longer.

There is no panic though, because I still have the Linux part of my dual boot
system available

Nevertheless i grew up with Calmira/Windows & see what I can do to get it back.
also need it
for special backup purpose.

GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Klaus,
> In regards to checking CTL3D.DLL, guess I wasn't very clear.  What I mean is
> check
> the version of CTL3D.DLL  AND CTL3DV2.DLL...make sure that the versions of
> BOTH of these are the same.  Also, it is always best to only have ONE version
> of this file in your \windows\system directory...do not have one in your
> application
> directories.  If you find one in Calmira directory, or any other for that
> matter, rename
> the file to something you can remember, say CTL3D.CLM for Calmira etc.

I still have the DOS prompt available, so I'll try your suggestions in a while.

> Also, have you noticed problems restarting when Program Mangler is the shell?
> (Progman, that is, hehe).  Try it and see...that might clear up whether it is
> really
> Calmira or something amiss somewhere else.  Also, what other resident programs
> are running...antivirus?? fax??

Neither of them, but to give you more details: I did a complete backup of all my
Windows/Calmira
files some days ago because of a failed network installation. this was when I
still had the 3.12 beta in.
After the 'restoration' everything worked fine (without windows network). Only
after I had installed 3.2
on top of the existing Calmira version the strange symptoms occured.

Klaus