<CT> Re: Calmira 3.12 plus Installation of Linux

  • From: "Michael Hurden" <M.E.Hurden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:10:46 +0100

Hi All

Long time since I posted a message on this list so let hope all of you are
actively having fun with whatever system you now use.

The list has gone very silent since Erwin's very good update to calmira to
version 3.12. so once again Congratulations Erwin on a very good update.

This now leads on to my off topic subject which I hope Brian will allow
regarding Linux.

I am about to get a copy of one of the flavours available for this OS and
then try to install it on a laptop [Toshiba tecra 8000]. I get the
impression  the older the machine the better the chances of success are on
installation of Linux.

However a couple of books I have read [on Linux] suggest that support for
PCM cards is possibly an area of weakness.

Proposing to use Mandrake Version 8.0 and wondered if anyone had tried it
out or has a better alternative to suggest.

Also wondered if anyone on list has had problems with Linux and PCM  card
connections etc.

Any help or advice offered is acknowledge with thanks.

Finally thanks to Brian for allowing the off topic section of this message.

Regard

Mike Hurden