<CT> Re: Calmira 3.11 beta 1 , Dialer question

  • From: "Mario Pignata" <m.pignata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:48:49 +0200
On 25 May 01, at 16:31, subject: "<CT> Re: Calmira 3.11 beta 1 ,
Dial"
Joshua Brannon wrote:

> >    Explorer - drag and drop:
> >    I can move, but I can't copy (right click not working)
> >
> >    Shut down: Log as another user does not appear anymore.
>
> Well, from what I understand, the new version is SUPPOSED to act
> that way :(

Ooops, really? Anyway I've upgraded to the new 3.11 and I'm getting the
same as others have "wndhooks.dll not found" and a dos screen saying
there's been an "error in loading Progman.exe!?! I've checked and
made sure Calmira is in the path in autoexec.bat, but to no avail.

Calmira now only runs if Progman is running, and that's too much strain
on on my old pc's memory. Must say... the new explorer looks great!

Changing topic, Brian said:

> [...]  you can right-click on either the min or max buttons to
> close a window

Yeah, I love that. I got so used to it that, whenever I get back to
plain Win 3.11 (hardly ever), I keep on right-clicking up there and
nothing happens! <LOL>

Before sending, I've just seen Erwin replay. Yes, sorry, I did forget to
read the readme :(

> >     Shut down: Log as another user does not appear anymore.
>
> This has been removed due to reports (and experience!) of instability.
> I hope to re-introduce this feature in a new form.

I hope so. I never had any problem with it and found it very useful,
beside allowing other people set ups, to have different setting.

Anyway, thank you, you're doing a grat job.

Ciao,  Mario

MARIO PIGNATA
Savona    Italy
e-mail: m.pignata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx