<CT> Re: Cal311up (descript.ion)

  • From: "Mario Pignata" <m.pignata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:17:46 +0200

--- Rif. msg. ---
Ogg.: <CT> Re: Cal311up (descript.ion)
Del: 30 May 01, 12:55

Hi Erwin,

scrivi:

> [...]  *some* versions of Windows (or DOS) will report an error when a
> program is trying to create a file that already exist, AND that file has
> the Hidden attribute set. I run WfW 3.11 and I don't have this problem.

When I read the msg you're answering here I tought I was lucky
because that wasn't  happening to me. So far I'd only noticed a certain
degree of instability: Calmira now crashes from time to time, and
sometimes it freezes. The "last chance" Ctrl+Alt+Del stops calmira, but
leaves (should I say luckily?) windows behind. Double clicking on the
desktop brings out a dialog that says "Calmira is not running" and brings
about the old windows task manager.  On task manager I can exit less
painfully from the other programs. I _use_ Calmira as the shell (can't do
without it anymore ;-), and I've nearly forgotten how you go about in
progman <LOL> .

But coming back to the point, I did find the descript.ion problem a few
days later after I had installed the new upgrade, but _only_ if I try to
move or copy to a floppy. What happens is that the files do get copied or
moved, but descript.ion does not get adjourned. The only way round I've
found... use IFA to insert description (or copy/move).

All is well with copying and/or moving on the hard disks. I wonder: why
such a weird behavior?

Ciao,  Mario

MARIO PIGNATA
Savona    Italy