<CT> Re: <CT>Delphi VCL Source no longer available, RE:Look what I had in the loft...<OT>Netiquette or <CT>Politeness?

  • From: Williams Les <Les.Williams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:25:28 -0000

From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
Subject: <CT> WinMiser Pro and Delphi VCL Source no longer available
>... I'm sure someone has
> bought a UK PC Magazine that included Delphi 1 CS. If someone has it
> installed, could he/she zip up the SOURCE directoy and mail it?
I have this (AUG 88 PC Magazine) ... mail me if you haven't been able to get
the source already.

 From: "Cristina-Mauricio Z.O (Col.)" <zapataossa@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Re: Win 3.11 (what??)/old:What is Windows for
> Workgroups???
> Look what I had in the loft...
>  > From: "Erwin Dokter" <edokter@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Windows 95 does NOT have "16 bit components" in it. All
> >it's programs use linear adressing, and ALL devices
> >(including floppys and CD-ROMs)
> > are 'virtualized' (using protected mode drivers).
Just a quick warning - if you have a non-standard CD
drive (sometimes called 'proprietory interface') like
my old Sony 2X, Win95 will operate this in what it
calls 'DOS mode' and long names/autostart etc won't
work unless a W9x compat. driver is available for
it. Yet another reason why I am not pleased to
have 'upgraded'.

<OT>Netiquette or <CT>Politeness?
Oh, and while I'm here - where is any of this fabled
netiquette documented? In spite of having worked in
computers since the days of punch cards (1970), I've
never seen anything other than its use as a
'holier than thou, and no returns of any kind'. I would
have expected an IEEE or ISO standard on it by now.

I've traced the 'too long subject line' thread back as
far as <calmira_tips> November 1998, though. Sorry to
to break those requests, anybody.

bozo'st wishes ..wes

Aseak gosea ezin ikus
"The satiated cannot stand to see the hungry."