<CT> Re: CT DV4#56. Calmira Funding

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:57:36 +0200

Hi Pete!

> I would have no objections to Calmira being hosted with you. You
> obviously have a strong interest in the internet looking at your
> website.

Yep, that's true :-)

On the other hand we have to consider one thing: hosting doesn't
necessarily mean maintaining. Actually, there should be somebody
to care about the site. I can offer webspace and domain name, but
I'm too busy to keep it updated.

> Perhaps we need to formulate a plan:
>
>   1. Contact the present Calmira site owner.
>   2. Negotiate if we can help and how.
>   3. Look at what is needed or what is wanted.

In the meantime we should also find a temporary solution. Every day
the calmira.org is down, we loose new "customers". If somebody has
got a recent mirror of the site stored on his/her local machine, he/she
should let us know, so that we can at least provide a mirror.

> I am aware that the current Calmira site has a guest book & screenshot
> uploads.
>
> It might be that we have to loose these but (in my mind) Calmira is
> older now and probably doesn't need a guestbook. Just a place to
> continue to exist and inspire.

I agree with you as for the guestbook. At least a part of the
screenshots should be preserved, though, as they give a very good
impression of what Calmira is able to do - or better: what a user is
able to do when he/she has got Calmira installed.

Does anybody have a figure of how big the site is/was? With and
without guestbook/screenshots.

> I don't mind how we achieve this but am willing to put in either
> effort or bit of cash.

Cash is the only thing I can't offer....

Bye, Gaby

--
Mrs. Gaby Chaudry
Wirtstr. 10, 81539 Muenchen, Germany