<CT> Re: CPU's

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:07:18 -0500

> I currently have a 200Mhz pentium in my PC (Super Socket 7( I was
wondering
> if any of you know where i can get my hands on the cyrix 300Mhz MII
> Processor new preferably. I am in the UK so a UK supplier is really what i
> want and i cannot use a k62-450 because the board only supports up to
300Mhz
> other than that i have a nice spec Take a look

Well I do not know for sure where a UK supplier would be.  Occasionally
there are auctions on eBay from the UK, or auctions where the people are
shipping world wide.  You may want to look into auctions.

However I am not found of Cyrix CPUs, I would stick with the petium if it
was me.  Cyrix CPUs are known for Premature Frying <g>  IMO.  I think the
actual performance speed difference will almost be unnoticeable.  Everyone I
talked to when I first got my newer box told me to steer clear of Cyrix
CPUs, I personally like AMD CPUs now and while im not big on Intel, they
have pretty good CPUs as well.

HTH some what.

John