<CT> Re: Bozos Who Reply To The Digest

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:16:18 -0500

> P.S. I'm allowing 48 hours; anybody who replies to the digest after
> that without changing the subject line will be gently and mildly flamed
> by name. Or do we have a moderator who can take care of this issue,
> perhaps filtering or bouncing messages that reply with the digest name
> in the subject line? Thanks.

I agree with your complaint, it does get irritating for us single message
members, however I think you are being a bit harsh.  Brian is the moderator
but I do not believe a member should be bounced if they reply without
changing the subject.  I think, if it means that much to you, that you
should just create a message rule in your email client (or filter if it's a
web based email provider) to automatically move files to the trash with
subject containing Digest.

I just usually skim the messages real quick to see if there is anything
interesting to me, then delete them.  I am sorry but I do not feel this
matter is such a big deal to take the suggested measures (after all this
*is* the first complaint about this issue I have heard since I have been on
this mailing list for over a year now).

I highly recommend you not flame any individual on this list by name through
this list.  I am a member and do not care to read flames directed to a
specific individual.  If you choose to flame the individual off list, that
is between you and the person you flame.

Just be sure *you* practice netiquette on this mailing list from now on.
Most of the members here have good memories when it comes to messages such
as yours.

Thank you.

John