<CT> Re: Are MPEGs "bad" for Win3.1?

  • From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:31:26 -0500

Stephan Grossklass wrote:

> Alan: If your ATI card is an AGP card (IIRC it is)

It *is* a PCI card.  8^[=]

> I'd suggest you get an older S3 based card (with a 968
> [ex-highend chipset with VRAM and a 250 MHz RAMDAC (perhaps depending >on the
> card)]

I still have my 5 year old STB Velocity 64 video, A 968 based product.
I ripped it out because it was giving me grief.
The Scitech display doctor, what I need to make it play quake, was not
doing its job and there were a bunch of screen "artifacts" at the top
and bottom of the screen...
In 'doze, To make both DCI and netscape work I had to intentionally
install two drivers over one another (mixing their files) so that I
could have my cake and eat it too.

> PS: Today I installed the VMODE utility (used for changing refresh
>rates and extended text modes) on the 486DX50 (w/ the ET4000 card) at
>school,

I love that utility! I use it to switch my DOS text mode to 80x50. =)

--
I suspect that it is significantly easier to become a proficient brain
surgeon than a linux user.

####### Begin Eschelon Block #######
unabomber anthrax plutonium militia delta force ruby ridge atf batf waco
oklahoma city assault rifle sog sof m-16 clinton marx crack m-60 c5 c7
mlk panthers FBI chemical weapons twa 800 roswell terrorist freedom