<CT> Re: Applet tray and calmira 3.25

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:36:47 +0100

david creber wrote:

> In order to have a win95 style 'connection' icon in my
> applet tray, i had placed an alias of my con0001.con
> file in calmira\tray.
>
> I have just downloaded calmira 3.25 and found that the
> calmira/tray folder has now been taken over by the
> quicklaunch toolbar.  But i want my connection icon in
> the applet tray.

I puposly made the choice to reserve the applet tray for running
(system) programs.

How about putting iedail.exe (without the .con) in the applet tray, and
keeping the .con file in the quickbar (or desktop)? The only downside is
that you do not see the new icon in the tray, but the upside is that no
taskbar button is created, and you have access to iedial.exe's system
menu through the applet icon.

I may add an icon parameter to Additional so you can choose which icon
shows in the applet tray.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter