<CT> Re: Another Suggestion and a Win3.1 question

  • From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:13:02 -0500

William C Andrews wrote:
> What about this as a feature?

> Win3.1 question.
> What determines what are the default directories when opening a
> DOS window?  Frequently when I change to my D: it is in a directory
> that I haven't gone to in a week.  Sometimes when I go to my E:
> it goes to E:\Juno sometimes E:\Juno\User0000

When you open a command line under windows and start switching drives
you will land in whatever directory WINDOWS accessed last... Its a bit
annoying but not really dissruptive... just type CD \ or even CD
\destination  and get on with your business...

*(only Dashboard gives you a true win3.11 command line that lets you run
ALL programs, not just dos programs. ;)

--
Perhaps I will upgrade my OS from Win 3.11...
But It has to be more sophisticated than Win 3.11.