<CT> Re: Ah, intros :)

  • From: "Bob Groves" <bobgroves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:28:43 +0000

Dear all,

I rarely contribute to this list these days, as my old 486 with Calmira
on it is in 'retirement'. However I do watch the list and keep track of
developments. I still believe that Calimira is one of *the* great software
achievements of the past decade (seriously!) and am still hoping to
run a version of it in future.

As to introductions, I'm a 47-year old teacher of ICT (to adults) living
in the north of the UK. I had my first contact with Calmira when it was
called Calypso (anybody remember that?) and run/developed by
Li-hsin Huang (who gave up development when he got offered a
job by Micro$oft - now there's a surprise!). Wonder what happened
to him after all this time? I was attaracted to Calypso/Calmira because
I wanted a shell for some old 386 machines at work that would not
run Win 95. It worked a dream - the student's were fooled 90% of
the time! I was hooked by it after that...

Greeting to one and all.

--
Bob Groves

'Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.'
(John F. Kennedy, 35th president of the United States)