<CT> Re: A little off-topic

  • From: "Devlin G.R. Wright" <evilbill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:08:56 +0100

Lo and behold, Phillip Dionne <pdionne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sayeth:
> Ricardo Rita wrote:
>>
>> A question a little bit off-topic
>>
>> Is it legal to sell an hardware product together with a CD which
>> contains g= nu public license software without contacting the
>> author? I mean, it's not = the software that's been charged, but
the
>> product (hardware) itself plus th= e media.
>>
>> Anyone?
>
> As I understand the GPL selling software licensed under it with
> hardware
> is perfectly legal.

As long as source code is included on the CD. The GPL doesn't preclude
selling software but it mustn't be restricted.

--
* Meow.

E-mail: evilbill @ lineone . net (remove spaces to e-mail)
AIM: EvilBill1782
MSN: devlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (do not e-mail me here!)
Web: http://www.angelfire.com/alt/evilbill/index.html

Matriarch Kheperkare   - Lvl 94 Javazon    - Open
Matriarch EB-Amarice   - Lvl 92 Bowazon    - USWest