<CT> Quinon Spell Cheker

  • From: "Mario Pignata" <m.pignata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Calmira <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:46:16 +0200

First of all, Erwin, I must apologize - I only partially understood what you
were suggesting. Putting spell.exe in the applet tray works in the way
that it gives a chance to run the program and install it. So, up to that
point, it works. The problem comes later because, once run from the
applet tray, there's no way to re-run it, from the applet tray, to give the
uninstall instruction. You have to do it from somewhere else (e.g.
Explorer).

But the remedy is closer: a shortcut does that very well.

So what one is supposed to do is:
Run spell.exe from the shortcut. It will ask to be installed. When checking
is over a click on the shortcut again and one on the uninstall and that's it,
gone! If spell checker is needed again later... well... goto top ;-)

But really the solution could be really easy now. What is really needed is
a way to delete the line <C:\whatever\wherever\spelledt.dll> after
DRIVERS= in system.ini: that would make a second run of spell.exe not
needed, and fool-proof (forgetting to uninstall ;-).

I'm not an expert, but I suppose there should be a way, (a batch file?).
All the problems in Calmira, strangely enough, arise after rebooting.

Thanks to Glenn, also, for his suggestions. The idea of the taskbar is not
bad, but I'd rather have Calmira running as the shell and the shortcut
remedy seems to work, at least here.

Cheers,

Mario