<CT> Patchdrv help wanted

  • From: Matt Bahls <downloader5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:15:32 -0500

Hello all,
I was playing around with my Win3.11 machine last night and I wanted to
try patchdrv again.  The last time I tried it, I couldn't get it to work.
 I found a message from Erwin saying he had new bitmaps for it. (I don't
know how long ago the message was, sorry).  I downloaded Erwin's version
and tried again.  Again, no success.  I switched to VGA video mode and it
worked fine, but then I only had 16 colors (not good.).  So I figure the
problem is my video driver.  It is a Compaq driver.  The driver is
cpqhqv08.exe, and I was wondering if somebody out there that has worked
with patchdrv could take a look at the driver and figure out how to
change the bitmaps. (Off list of course) I should mention that I also
downloaded a copy of mrbitmap and tried to change the driver that way,
but then Windows refused to load with an error in the netapi.dll.  Anyway
that's the only error I find in bootlog.txt.

Thanks,
Matt