<CT> Old LFN Software

  • From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:39:44 -0500

Hello All,

Does anyone else remember an old pre-win95 Windows commercial software =
that was called something like: "Long Filenames".  It came in a =
triangular tube with it's name printed along one the length of the =
tube's sides.  A friend owned one once but did not use it as it was =
reportedly to be a resource hog.  It came on a single floppy. I think it =
may have replaced certain dialogue boxes like Open or Save, Save As =
--but I'm not sure.  My memory also links this software to another =
called "Sherlock" which I also suspect was a competition product.  I =
have tried to Google this, unsuccessfully, of course.=20