<CT> Old Browsers

  • From: Michael Lennartz <lennartz-mi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Calmira_tips" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:08:55 +0100

Hallo folks,

OK, I checked some of the old brwosers, and none of them really
works. So I further use IE and netscape. For emails I found the nice
EMC-software.

Arachne: It is a fine product. It has a lot of advantages and looks
nice. My biggest problem: It works with some modems, with others it
doesn't. It _not_ works with mobile phones (Siemens). I think,
Siemens' mobile phones doesn't have a real modem (diagnosis not
works: Win95, Modem Doctor), but simple puts the data stream into the
DSP (or so...). And Arachne allows only 8 characters for
email-passwords, I use up to ten characters.

I use some slow machines (486SX33/4 MB RAM, 486DX50/8 and 32 MB RAM),
and on these comps a well configured WfW+Calmira with Shiva Dialer
and IE or Netscape is a good, fast and reliable solution. On the
32-MByte-machine I use a RAMDisk for the swap-file, and the IE is
very, very fast. The Shiva-dialer from the IE-package works with
every tested modem (internal, external, mobile phone).

Mit freundlichem Gru=DF / Regards / Saluton

Michael Lennartz
lennartz-mi@xxxxxxx
Alternative Email-Adressen: mail@xxxxxxxxx
                            lennartz@xxxxxxxxxx