<CT> Nothing going on here?

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:25:04 +0200

I haven't received a digest since Oct 20. Anyone out there?

There's not much news here either - my PIII got a new fan (much quieter
and cooling much better than the Intel retail fan) and a CD-ROM (48X
max, sounds like it's taking off when a CD is inserted, but has very
good error correction and is very fast) a while back - the DVD drive had
to move to the Promise controller. About a month ago, I upgraded to an
ASUS P3B-F mo/bo (nice i440BX PII/PIII/Celeron board) and bigtower case.
Now the only thing missing is a 5.25" floppy drive (yep, you didn't
misread that). My computer is a monster, I know ;). Unfortunately the AC
adaptor of my little 386SX notebook broke down and I don't have a clue
how to fix it :(. I still have a car adaptor, but I don't know where to
get an AC adaptor that works with such a thing (12 V, approx. 2 A)...

BTW it seems there are at least 2 different types of scroll mice -
Genius ones and Microsoft (or A4Tech?) ones. Unfortunately the Genius
driver doesn't like Instant File Access.

BTW#2: http://www.i24.com/ is fairly complete by now, but still lacks
space for big downloads (I'm planning to put the German version of
IE5-16 up for download, for example).

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)