<CT> No DOS directory on a computer

  • From: Matt Bahls <downloader5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:29:25 -0600

Hey all,
One of the kids that I help take care off recently bought a computer from
her school.  It is a 486/25 and has Windows 3.1 and DOS 6.22 on it.  The
strange thing I think is that it doesn't have a directory for DOS.  Would
be safe for me to expand all the DOS files from DOS installation disks
into a directory for her?

I also have to reinstall Windows for her because I think her brother was
playing with it and deleted somethings like the Control Panal program.
I'm also going to try to talk her into installing Calmira too.  HEHEHE
Afterall, that might be easier for her (she's 11 I think) and she's more
used to Windows 95.

Matt