<CT> Networking Win31(Calmira) and Win95

  • From: "Walter Denney" <waltd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:02:22 -0600

I have enjoyed reading the posts to the list.  Trying to learn from you
all..
I am regressing some, have a winme machine, but enjoy working with the older
machines.
I have a amd 386 running win95 osr2, and got networking installed on it ok
with an SMC ethernet card.  I have been working to get my old IBM ps2 8580
111 going with a 3Com
etherlink/mc card. I have downloaded the drivers, and the testing in dos
indicates all ok with the card.  In Win31, trying to set up networking, but
even with the default Microsoft Network, when Win31 starts, the networking
fails to load.
I thought I would post to the list to see if anyone can point me to an
answer or website that would help me get networking going on the old
machine.  Now one thing I haven't done yet is connect a cable between the
two computers while attempting to get the network going on the ps2..

Thanks for any clues or pointers.  Enjoy the list..

Waltd..