<CT> NT 3.51 and the shell

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:40:05 +0100

In spite of claims to the contrary it *is* possible to change the shell
in Windoze NT 3.51. Just happened to find this out. All you have to do
is dig in the registry, the setting hides under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \
SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon, as Shell
(a REG_SZ value).
Now where was that 32 bit compatible version of Calmira again...? (I
know the URL was posted here on the list, but my mail archive is on my
main box.) What a pity that Calmira doesn't support LFNs under NT...
(Any chance of this being implemented? Is it possible at all?) Imagine
that - Calmira on a dual CPU box :o). (Actually I've already run it
here, and apart from some problems when it tried to access the hard
drive directly on startup it seemed to work quite well.)

Stephan
--
Home: http://jgrossklass.bei.t-online.de/

To SMP or not to SMP - no question in this case:
P100@90+P75@90, 24 MB, 540 MB, ELSA WINNER 2000AVI; Win NT 3.51