<CT> Looking for video card

  • From: Erwin Dokter <e.dokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:01:19 +0200

Sorry to be off-topic, but I need help.

After installing a S3 Virge DX card, which solved some issues, but added
new ones, I have just about had it with this machine...

I am in desperate need of a video card that has the following features:

- is PCI
- 4 MB min, 16 MB max
- Has drivers for Windows 3.11, 95 and NT 3.51
- Must support DCI in 3.1
- Does not have ANY issues with corrupted images in either OS
- Must run flawlessly in 1024x768x24

Right now, the Virge causes start menu corruption in Calmira; it
corrupts bmpcahce when building the menu. Too bad, because in NT 3.51,
those problems were finally gone (SiS 6326).

So I'm looking for a card that has no bugs what so ever in any windows
version. S3 seemd like a good choice, since it was one of the biggest
sellers, but the Virge has issues (how about the Savage4?). ATI Also
seems a good choice. But before I buy another card, I want to be sure it
has no problems.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:e.dokter@xxxxxxx